Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How We Met.....Not Exactly Your Typical Fairy Tale.

Unfortunately, Shane and I did not exactly have a "You've Got Mail / Titanic" experience. It wasn't all that romantic, in fact we were not too impressed with each other in the beginning.

We first met at a friends house about a year and a half ago. We were all playing games and having fun but he was so shy that I really didn't get a chance to know him. When I later asked him what his first impression of me was he was hesitant. He finally said, "Well I thought you were a little too crazy... a little too much for me to handle. But I love you now?"

The second time we met we were watching a movie at a friends house. I was sitting on this huge love sac and Shane was on the couch. Next thing I knew he came over and asked if he could sit with me. Now, we still have a disagreement on what really was happening. I thought he wanted to come over and "get to know me" if you know what I mean but he claims he was just really cold. What do you think? Anyways, we ended up sitting through the whole movie and he never said a single word....awkward. At the end of the movie he got up and left and I was left analyzing what just happened.

The third time we met it was over at my house. He came over with a friend to a game night we were having. We both interacted a little more that time and I will admit he kinda got my attention. I stepped into the kitchen to get a drink and my roommate pulled me aside to tell me that there was a guy here that she had a huge crush on . When I asked her who she told me it was Shane. I told her to go for it, but just then Shane came into the kitchen and asked me on a date right in front of my roommate. I of course couldn't say yes so I told him we could all go on a Big group date. By the time the date came around, my roommate had already developed a new crush (she sure is resilient). So she went with him and I went with Shane. However, the guy she went with happened to rub her in every wrong way possible and by the end of the night she was playing Tetris on her phone and she wouldn't make eye contact with anyone. Needless to say, this date did not go well at all.

I thought for sure I wouldn't be seeing Shane again anytime soon but to my surprise he called me up and asked me if I wanted to go snowboarding with him but I couldn't bring anyone else with me. We finally got our break and had so much fun together. I don't know how much snow boarding we did but we had fun watching each other tumble down the mountain. This taught me that sometimes you have to work hard for the most precious things in your life and the rest is history.

1 comment:

  1. love it. i had no idea!!!! how fun!!

    you have no idea the happiness i have for you getting a blog!!!! so happy, now...if i can only get you to update this thing often ;-)

    i sure misty will make you though. thank goodness she is there!

    i love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete